Seasons in the Studio

Fine art Inspired by Nature: Illustration in watercolor and pencil, White Line Woodcuts, Photography

Thursday, May 19, 2022

The Bell House-Pemiquid ME

 I did a series of photographs of this print as I was working on it.  I thought it would be fun to share the progression from start to finish of the printing process.  In all I spent about 100 hours on this large print.

I started working the sky and the rocks first.  I chose this woodblock because of the grain and hoped I could use it in the making of the clouds, which are very distinctive in this location.

More detail was added to the rocks.  This was by far the most time consuming part of this print.
I then layered in color in the bell house and the shading of the windows and shadows of the lighthouse.
The nearly complete print.  I had to add in some of the grasses with a rigger.
Finished print!


No comments:

Post a Comment