Seasons in the Studio

Fine art Inspired by Nature: Illustration in watercolor and pencil, White Line Woodcuts, Photography

Saturday, October 1, 2022

Getting back to work...

 Now that the studio tour has passed, I am back to work on new subjects for the white line woodcuts.  I am also pulling a second print from some of the favorites.  My supply of finished work is looking depleted!

I wanted to get a print of Owl's Head Lighthouse finished before the tour, but a family emergency prevented it.  It feels good to get back to work and move ahead with this print.

Here are some photos of things in various stages of progress.  I'm also pulling another small print of Pemaquid Lighthouse.  No photo yet. 

The large prints can take over 130 hours to complete.  This is a demanding process, but so worth it.


 

Farmers Market flowers


 

Hendricks Head Lighthouse, I just love that red roof!!


 

Savannah road Magnolia, transferring to the block.  This one is 16 x 20.


 


Owl's Head Lighthouse, the block is carved.  This will be a 18 x 24 print.



No comments:

Post a Comment