Seasons in the Studio

Fine art Inspired by Nature: Illustration in watercolor and pencil, White Line Woodcuts, Photography

Thursday, April 13, 2023

Studio update April 13, 2023

 I just completed a new botanical drawing, "Autumn's End".  When I collected these leaves it was the beginning of fall and they were so vibrant and colorful I couldn't wait to paint them.  I was called away on a family emergency, and when I returned they were dried and very different from the day I found them.  I thought they still made an interesting subject.  I rendered them in pencil, over many hours.  I'm pleased with the result.  

There are many new white line woodcut prints in the works.  I haven't had a chance to photograph them yet.  Next week I hope!

"Autumn's End" Graphite on Bristol, 14 x 17 inches


No comments:

Post a Comment