Seasons in the Studio

Fine art Inspired by Nature: Illustration in watercolor and pencil, White Line Woodcuts, Photography

Saturday, August 12, 2023

Studio update August 12, 2023

 It's good to be back to work after my excursion to the pacific northwest.  I do miss those landscapes though!  I've been focusing on a large drawing for a new print the last two weeks.  It is inspired by a scene in Maine, a photograph I took in 2001 back in the days when I shot film.  The reference photograph is very small, about 3.5 x 5 inches.  I had to hand enlarge the drawing twice to get it to the size I wanted for the block print.  The image will be around 15 x 22.  I have wanted to take on this subject for years, so it's exciting to be working on it.

 UPDATE 8/23/2023  I had to order a custom woodblock for this so I'm in a holding pattern for a couple of weeks until I receive it.  In the meantime, I finished another version of "Happy Hours" today and am working on the second print in the "Chowder House" series.  I hope to have some photos this weekend!

 "Worms for Sale"

Thought I'd leave you with a parting shot from the window of the airplane.  Mt. Rainer is the large mountain you see but Mt. St. Helens is on the right.  It's the first time I've been able to see both volcanoes at the same time.  Mt. St. Helens is closed for the time being because there was a major landslide that closed off the road.  Someday I will visit it!


 



No comments:

Post a Comment