Seasons in the Studio

Fine art Inspired by Nature: Illustration in watercolor and pencil, White Line Woodcuts, Photography

Sunday, November 5, 2023

Studio update November 5, 2023

 It's been a productive month.  I usually try to update more often but I get caught up in the work sometimes!

I finished a large detailed drawing of Lake 22 in the Cascades last month.  It's a really beautiful and special place and even though I did an earlier sketchbook drawing of this subject, I wanted to come back to it.

Lake 22
12 x 18 inches
Graphite on Canson paper

I have also come back to a favorite scene in Maine, as a painting and a drawing.  The large drawing is in the early stages, and I'll share later but the painting is progressing nicely. I've made woodcut prints of this subject, and painted it once long ago, but I'm still intrigued by it.  All those white boats...


 In for the Night
Watercolor on Arches 300# paper
22 x 15
 
I am finished carving the large block for the print "Worms for Sale" and am pulling a second print of "The Bell House".  More updates later.  I'm keeping busy!!


No comments:

Post a Comment