Seasons in the Studio

Fine art Inspired by Nature: Illustration in watercolor and pencil, White Line Woodcuts, Photography

Monday, July 29, 2024

Studio Update: Monday July 29, 2024- and good news!

Some good news!  I've had two drawings accepted in the Rehoboth Art League's 11th Regional juried biennial exhibition.  The drawings are: "Wabi Sabi Shadow Box" and "A Day in the Woods".  Both drawings can be viewed in my pages section under "drawings".

I'm back from a trip to the Pacific Northwest where I found some inspiration for new work.  We have 8 weeks until The Lewes Artists Studio Tour so I won't be starting anything new before that.  I'm making prints and getting my work together for this fun event!  There is a link for the tour and a map at the bottom of this page.

I'm also submitting work to the SAGA membership shows in NYC and have an entry accepted in the ISEA exhibit in Michigan in September.  More on those later!

In the meantime, I'll share some photos of a lovely hike to Wallace Falls in Washington.  It was 10K round trip with about 1000M of elevation gain to get to the middle falls.  I was carrying a backpack with my camera equipment and lots of water since it was a hot day.  It was a nice hike, strenuous in places but not overly so.  The middle falls are more than 300 feet tall so the photo doesn't do it justice.  We were told by someone who hikes there on a regular basis that the water during the snow melt is raging so much that you can't see any of the rocks.  Some of the boulders in the river are as tall as I am!











No comments:

Post a Comment