Seasons in the Studio

Fine art Inspired by Nature: Illustration in watercolor and pencil, White Line Woodcuts, Photography

Sunday, February 26, 2023

Studio update February 26, 2023/ UPDATE 3/26/23

Update 3/26/2023

I had to be away for a couple of weeks because of a serious illness in my family.  I am back working in the studio starting Monday.  Many new works are in progress.  Thanks for stopping by!

 -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

 I've just returned from a trip to the pacific northwest.  I had the opportunity to work on a detailed sketchbook drawing of the oddly named "Lake 22" in the Cascades.  I'm glad to be home but miss that amazing landscape.  Hopefully I will be able to return this year.

I finished the drawing of the Wabi-Sabi shadow box before I left town.  I made this shadow box many years ago at Sundance.  It's a great study in textures.


Lake 22, sketchbook drawing
 
 

Wabi Sabi shadow box- Graphite on paper

No comments:

Post a Comment