Seasons in the Studio

Fine art Inspired by Nature: Illustration in watercolor and pencil, White Line Woodcuts, Photography

Tuesday, February 7, 2023

Studio Update-February 7th

 I've been working long days to get some pieces finished.  I'm hoping to enter some of these in shows this coming year.  I welcome the quiet and solitude of February to work without distractions.  Here are a few new prints, drawings and works in progress.

"Owl's Head lighthouse"-18 x 24 inches.  This print was a challenge because of all the detail.  I also wanted to mix the greys myself because the lighthouse is so monochromatic.  I'm pleased with it.  So glad I went back and saw it in autumn, it influenced how I treated the background.


"Hendricks Head Lighthouse 2"- I love this lighthouse and its red roof!

 

"Shadow Box" Pencil drawing.  This is almost finished, but I wanted to share a progress photo.  I'll share the final drawing in a couple of days.  I enjoy doing these hyper-realistic drawings!


This is a sketch that I haven't decided where it will go.  I need to redraw it on a better piece of paper!  It might end up as a big drawing or something more.  It's huge!  It started out on one piece of vellum and I had to add another.  Right now, about 22 x 30.  Grand rocks in this scene!

And a big oops....

 I never take my tea anywhere near the art.  Today I did.  Sometimes you just have to start over.  I had even put the Chinese characters on the paint tubes.....Grrrrr....


No comments:

Post a Comment