Seasons in the Studio

Fine art Inspired by Nature: Illustration in watercolor and pencil, White Line Woodcuts, Photography

Saturday, January 20, 2024

Studio Update January 20, 2024

 It's a cold day here at the beach!  I like the quiet of January to get lots of work done.  The snow is beautiful this morning.

 

 I have a number of works in progress and am sharing some process photos of those today.

The second print of "The Bell House" is nearly complete.  I wanted to wait to take it off the block until I'm sure I don't need to do more work on it.  I have made good progress on "Worms for Sale", the background is almost in.  This is the largest block print I have made so far, the block is 20 x 30.  I like working this big.  This is located in the same place in Maine as the print "Lobster Trappings".  What a fun location.  This is block # 41!!

 The last new work is a charcoal and graphite drawing of Rialto Beach on the Olympic Peninsula.  It is a daunting subject.  I'm still making decisions about how to approach it.


The Bell House II-18 x 24 inches


Worms for Sale-20 x 30 inches


Rialto Beach-Graphite and charcoal on Canson Mi Tientes paper


No comments:

Post a Comment